Saturday, October 17, 2015

Blog #9 My top three





 1.   When I was going to 7th grade at Ensign school, one of my closest friend wanted to join the  school band but not by herself so she convinced me to join with her and decided to play the same instrument choosing the Trombone. I had no idea how big it was, how did it sound, how to use it, i had no idea what instrument it was. When I tried playing it for the first time it sounded horrible but through out the days I learned each note and got the hang of it.      


 2.   My second instrument I learn to play was the saxophone.  The saxophone is my favorite one because I like how it sounds and I like how the keys feel when you're playing it.  It's pretty heavy and there's a lot of pieces to put together before playing it.  I played a year at Ensign and a year at Newport Harbor band.  I think saxophone is one of the hardest instrument's to play since it has a lot of keys and had to know how to put the mouth piece right or else it sounds squeaky when you blow for sound. The only hurtful thing when you're done playing is your neck because to hold it you had to hang it from your neck and all the pressure is in your neck.  I'm glad I learn to play the saxophone.


3. The last instrument I learn is the bass clarinet. I don't remember much of the clarinet because when I first played it I was going to elementary school and haven't grabbed one since then. The clarinet is almost like the saxophone just that in small version and it sounds way different. I liked it because we didn't really had to carry it and didn't had to stretch my fingers as much as I did with the saxophone when I tried to play a special note. All three instruments are interesting to play, I enjoyed playing all three and if I had the chance to play them again, I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment